Driving abroad

Driving abroad

​If you are going on holiday abroad and driving in your company car there are some important things you must remember. ​

  • Remember all mandatory documents and equipment
  • Checklist for other useful things
  • Useful links and good advice


​You can take your company car abroad

Besides your driver's license and passport there are a number of mandatory documents and equipment you must bring with you when you're driving abroad.

Warning triangle: Mandatory in many countries. You can buy a warning triangle at the Federation of Danish Motorists, FDM.

The original vehicle registration certificate: You must always take Part 1 of the vehicle registration certificate with you. Your company holds Part 1. If you do not hold the vehicle registration certificate you can order it at this site (Danish only).

DK sticker: Mandatory unless you have EU license plates. You can buy a DK sticker at FDM.

Green card: If you are travelling outside the EU you must bring the green card with you as a guarantee for the liability insurance. You can print the green card from you insurance company's website – it does not have to be printed in colours.

Red card: Gives you access to roadside assistance at SOS International if you have a comprehensive insurance for the car. Therefore, you must always bring your card along. You get the card at www.sos.dk where you can print it and fill it out. You can also get it as an app for your smart phone. This Does not apply for customers insured by Tryg, see the next paragraph.

Insured by Tryg?
As of 1 of January 2018 Tryg's partner abroad is no longer SOS International, but Viking, also called 'Tryg Vejhjælp' (Tryg roadside assistance). You still have the same access to roadside assistance but you do not need the red card anymore. In need of roadside assistance feel free to contact Nordania Assistance on + 45 70151315 or Tryg Vejhjælp on +45 70112000

Blue health insurance card: The yellow health insurance card does no longer apply abroad. Therefore, you must bring the blue European Health Insurance Card instead.
We kindly ask you to notice that it only applies in the EU and the EEA countries. You can order the card at www.borger.dk

Other useful things

First aid kit: Mandatory in many countries and there must be a first aid kit in the car. If you have Nordania Assistance you already have a first aid kit.

Safety vests: Vests for all the persons in the car are mandatory in many countries. Please remember that the vests must be placed in the car cabin.
Stickers and labels: Mandatory if you are driving in Austria, Switzerland, Czech Republic, Slovenia, Italy and many German cities. You can buy them at FDM.

Carnet de Passages en Douane: A custom document for driving in a number of countries outside Europe. The document is issued by the German car club, ADAC. Read more about how to order here (Danish only).

Travel insurance: You should always bring travel insurance along with you when you are travelling outside the EU where the blue European Health Insurance Card is not valid.
Previous Next
Driving abroad
  • Important documents
  • Checklist
  • Useful links
Read more
  • How to report damage
  • Where to go
Read more
Daily use of company car
  • Who can drive it?
  • Extra equipment
  • What to remember
Read more
Order new company car
  • Visit the online Showroom
  • Use the online tax calculator
  • Configure your car
Read more
Fuel card
  • Order new fuel card
  • Cancel your fuel card
  • Lost your fuel card?
Order here
+ 45 45 12 12 12

Opening hours

Nordania Call Center
Telephone +45 45 12 12 12

Monday - Thursday 8am-4.30pm
Friday                           8am-4pm

Contact us

Get called up Other contact